Several weeks ago, Abi from Joy in my Kitchen, nominated Give Me Strength for the Liebster Award. Needless to say, I was both shocked and floored! Here is a description of what the award means:
Liebster is a German word that can mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, lovely, pleasant, valued, or welcome. It is meant to encourage and promote other bloggers within the blogging community.
Thank you so much, Abi, for considering Give Me Strength to fall into this definition! It means so much to me.
There are a few simple rules that accompany the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other blogs (with less than 200 followers).
- Let them know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions that Abi has asked me to answer:
1. What state or country do you live in?
I live in Pennsylvania.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog in August 2014, so only five months.
3. Give us a link to the post you most enjoyed writing.
This post was one of my most popular posts. I believe it is due to the fact that it’s a very real account that many people can relate to in some shape or form. Comparison Kills Contentment.
4. Do you have children and how old are they?
I have two sons, ages 3 and 1. They keep me on my toes!
5. Which meal is your least favorite to prepare?
All of them! I don’t like to cook because it just doesn’t come naturally to me. I can cook, but I have to follow the recipe step-by-step. I am getting better, though!
6. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to read, but haven’t been able to enjoy a good book in a while.
7. Do you have any heirloom recipes?
Not really. My mom is an amazing cook, but she does most of it from memory. She has shared many things with me, but I can never seem to get them to turn out the way they do when she cooks them. I promise to keep trying!
8. Name someone who inspires you and why?
My sons inspire me on a daily basis. I want to be my best and do my best for them. They are constantly cracking me up with their antics, which you can read about on my blog. They are a blessing in every way and I love them so much.
9. What blog do you most enjoy reading?
10. What social media platform do you prefer and why?
I prefer Facebook because I am most familiar with it. I would love to learn how to use Instagram and Pinterest to grow my blog. So, if anyone has any suggestions, please share!
11. What is the most valuable thing you have learned from blogging?
When I decided to start blogging, I told myself that I would need to have thick skin and be prepared for mean comments and general nastiness. So far, I have only had one instance of negativity. What has surprised me is how much bloggers band together. I have been overwhelmed with the encouragement and positive comments I have received from other bloggers – people I have never met before. In fact, almost all of my followers on WordPress are bloggers rather than friends and family (they follow more on Facebook). Honestly, if I would have realized how much fun blogging can be, I would have started Give Me Strength a long time ago.
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I am athletically ambidextrous. For example, when playing basketball, I am able to shoot with both my left and my right hands.
- A goal of mine is to run a marathon. I should probably find the time to start running again.
- I am neither a morning person nor a night owl.
- I love to sit on our deck and read.
- Sometimes I get just as excited about John Deere tractors as my boys do.
- I hate to wear pantyhose or tights. Leggings are where it’s at.
- I try to make someone laugh each day.
- There are times when I’m excited to wake up in the morning just because I know I get to have a cup of coffee.
- My favorite color is green.
- Watching ‘The Biggest Loser’ is my guilty pleasure. Ironically, I usually enjoy the show while eating the least healthy thing I can find in the house.
- The boys and I like to have random dance parties. “Show us your moves, Mom!”
The questions I have prepared for the blogs I nominated are:
1. What is the one thing that you want most to accomplish this year?
2. What is your favorite quality about yourself?
3. What is something that is guaranteed to make you laugh?
4. When you want/need to relax, what do you do?
5. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
6. What or who inspired you to begin blogging?
7. Name your guilty pleasure.
8. What is your least favorite household chore?
9. Do you utilize social media as a blogger? If so, how?
10. To date, what would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
11. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Finally, my nominees for the Liebster Award:
Chelsea Shepherd at The Play Lady
Wendy Zook at ZeeFamilyDotCom
Teresa McCoy at Motherhood: Journey of a New Mom
Rachael Neville at Life is a Beautiful Mess
Stories of an Introverted Mama
Stephanie at The Encouraged Heart
Tarissa at Introverted Mama
Haley Lillibridge at Grace, Purpose, & Pearls
Because Nice Matters
Christina Prathaban at Godly Indian Mom
These amazing women have made me laugh, made me cry, made me think, encouraged me, and challenged me with their writing. Some of them work behind the scenes (which is why their names are not known), and some have been blogging for a little while. My favorite part about the Liebster Award is the opportunity to pass it on. As I said earlier, the encouragement that goes on in the blogging community has caught me off guard in the best way possible. Congratulations to these wonderful bloggers – you deserve it!
I strongly suggest you take the time to visit these bloggers – I know you’ll be blessed by what they share!